Friday, February 1, 2008

Let me introduce myself...

Hello again, my name is Kat. I just wanted to give a bit about my background because most of my clients ask me how I've gotten to do the conscious channeling and energy work that I do.
I believe, now looking back on it, that developing this ability came out of my intense desire to help people experience their beauty, their light. I actually came from the "beauty" field. I owned a salon and worked throughout the industry for most of my life. I rationalized for myself that if people could "see" their beauty that it could open the door for them to believing it. Now, I help people "experience" their beauty, their light in a more effective, long lasting way.
I will also explain how all of this came about. I was not one of those people who always had ability in the psychic or spiritual realm.
Although I believe we are all born with the ability to access all of this for ourselves. It wasn't until my late 20's that I even opened up to all of this.
As a young adult I focused most of my attention on being free, having fun and experiencing the world. It sounds good now that I look back at it. But I realized I wanted more.
I had a car crash. I didn't know it was significant at the time, but directly after it, I talked to a woman who comforted me and encouraged me to see a psychic who was a friend of hers. Not only had I never seen a psychic, I didn't really believe in it. I went questioning everything about it. Yet I was curiously drawn to know more. Of course I didn't believe anything she said. That is until it started coming true. That got my attention.
I started being open to experiencing more. When I opened my salon, I realized how much my beliefs and faith came into play. I call it spirituality through business. For someone like me who had such an analytical mind, the faith that had to be present for me to create my business, changed my world.
I began expanding this in all directions. All the while dabbling in different realms of the metaphysical and varying forms of personal expansion, trying to stay open to what the world and the higher realms had to offer. I started what is termed 'automatic writing'. I would write until my head was clear and then a voice beyond my own would come in. Early on they mostly said, "All is well." in varying ways. Oddly enough, that is still the most consistent message I get.
While doing this I started getting guidance for others too. I would share a bit but I was frequently too afraid to share. I was very aware of how all of this could be interpreted as weird.
My life changed again with yet another car accident. I had a day off, I was doing my regular automatic writing and they said, " no matter what happens today, know that it is for your highest good." Ok, being that I had planned to run errands and go shopping at Target, I couldn't imagine what that could mean. But, while walking my dog, I noticed a screw puncturing my tire and the tire wasn't flat. I had just bought new tires, so I called my mechanic who told me to come in right away. I made it to him without issue. He put my doughnut on and noticed that another one of my new tires had started to bulge on the outside. He told me to give him an hour to see if he could get at least the bulging tire replaced for free.
That was fine. A friend of mine had asked me out for lunch earlier in the day but I had said no because I was going to stay on the other side of town. Now that I was very close, at the mechanics, it seemed to work out.
Now, the friend that I was having lunch with, a really lovely guy, was not particularly open to the messages I had been getting for him. Nor was he very present with me most of the time. He is one of those guys that is texting, and getting telephone calls and planning his next business venture while having a conversation with you over lunch.
I picked him up at his business and within two blocks a car turned in front of us and we t-boned it with great force. Immediately after hitting the other vehicle I said to him, "Do I have your attention now?" Even in that moment I did not know what was about to happen. After the police took all the needed information I couldn't drive my car because the windows had fogged up and the blower had been damaged. So we sat there and waited for it to clear.
While waiting, they came through for the first time. I started speaking information I did not know about to him. I recognized some of it as messages that I had gotten for him but it was clearly not ideas that I had originated. After about a half hour, I broke through and said, "That was not me. I hope you understood all of that." He said yes but I know he was more bewildered about the experience than I was.
This is the day that changed my life. From that point on, during many conversations with friends and strangers, the wisdom of my guidance has been coming through.
Now, you'd think that might have been it, but it wasn't. I was very uneasy with the idea of what I was actually doing. I was afraid of what others might think. I was afraid that I might be losing my mind. But the messages I received were so loving and wise that I knew there was more to it than that. Of course I have since researched this and know that many people do this.
This led to my last car accident. The one that made me decide it was time to do this work. I was on my way to a gig (I was working as a freelance make-up artist) on the expressway. I was going about 75 miles an hour, only slightly over the posted speed, and I had a blowout. My back tire was thudding and my car started to fishtail. I recognized I was clearly not in control any more. My car smashed directly into the six foot cement divider wall. The initial impact was on the front drivers side. After I hit the airbag , everything went in slow motion. I knew that I had hit the wall, but I noticed I was still moving. My head was thrust back on the headrest and I was spinning. It was then I thought, I could die now. Immediately I heard, "No, you're ok." As I heard this, I saw the wall approaching me again or I guess, I was approaching it again. It felt like it was coming at me from the passenger side. Then the final impact. I was facing oncoming traffic and cars were stopping all around me. Someone pulled me out.
I could go on and on about the dramatic events of the car crash but the truth is, I was ok. The ambulance came, they checked me out. I was wearing my seat belt, low on my hips as always, and aside from a belt burn on my chest and some bruises I was fine.
I didn't make it to my job that day. My car was totaled. The police told me that if I had been driving a different car I would have been toast. And I got that car because I had totaled my previous car in the last accident.
But three days later, after seeing a M.D. and my chiropractor, I was ok'd to fly to New York to work on a tv pilot for 2 weeks.
I was sore but not in very much pain. This was as close as I want to get to a near death experience. It shifted my life entirely. I knew it was time to make this work my life.
I now have clients that I give what I call "Real Life Support". We have a conversation. The guidance comes through. I also do energy work with each session. They have explained it to me like this: We are all like lamps. We connect ourselves to a power source which allows us the energy for us to illuminate and shine. We all do and we all can. The only difference is that lamps don't unplug themselves and you don't have to convince them they can shine. Yes, they do have a sense of humor.
So, here I am. Ready to share my experiences and the wisdom that is given to me by "my people". They are not really people, I consider them nonphysical guides. I hear one voice, a mouth piece or point person, so to speak, that speaks for a group.
My intention is to have them write through me to you, knowing their wisdom and love can assist and support others on their journey to conscious empowerment.
I look forward to the adventures to come. Peace to you always.
Kat